Semper Reformanda

Some thoughts on the Church, theology, books, and whatever else.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Peters, Missouri, United States

I am studying philosophy at Lindenwood Universtiy in St. Charles Missouri. I have a brother and a sister, two great parents and we are all members of New Covenant Church. After I graduate, I'm planning on attending Covenant Theological Seminary.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Evangelicals Out of the Box

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to post recently. It's certainly not for lack of subjects to write on, that's for certain. As soon as I catch a break from some schoolwork and other activities, I'll have a multitude of issues to put some thoughts down about.

I just wanted to put up a link to an interview with James K.A. Smith on the NPR show Speaking of Faith. Jamie Smith has become one of my favorite writers/bloggers and I believe that he has many important things for the evangelical community (especially those in the Reformed branches) to hear. Be sure to listen to some of the Behind the Scenes audio, especially the clip on An Intellectual and Spiritual Faith. It's always exciting to come across a Reformed Christian who also considers himself charismatic. Jamie's explanation of how these two traditions complement each other is spectacular. It is truly encouraging to hear a Reformed intellectual who not only recognizes the importance of manifestations of the Holy Spirit, but who also considers them to be an integral part of life and worship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home