Semper Reformanda

Some thoughts on the Church, theology, books, and whatever else.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Peters, Missouri, United States

I am studying philosophy at Lindenwood Universtiy in St. Charles Missouri. I have a brother and a sister, two great parents and we are all members of New Covenant Church. After I graduate, I'm planning on attending Covenant Theological Seminary.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Current Events In Light of the Cross

If you have been following the news story of the cartoons ridiculing the prophet Muhammad that were published in a Danish newspaper, causing outrage amongst the Muslim community, then this article, Being Mocked, by John Piper should be of great interest. I know that I often find myself struggling to know how I should respond to current affairs and world events in light of Christ's work on the cross. It is not always easy to have something worth saying on a particular issue and, unfortunately, it seems that often the only things that Christian leaders can offer when commenting on such issues are trite, moralistic statements that in some way make reference to God. Piper, however, has insight on this matter that is absolutely invaluable. His comments are those of someone who's life is so defined by the truth of the Cross that any issue he discusses is bound to be seen more clearly in its light.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Piper's article puts a new perspective on Danish cartoon situation. I'm humbled, as Piper strikes a point that I completely missed. His statement, "It means that a religion with no insulted Savior will not endure insults to win the scoffers" is not often recognized by...well I guess me.

We serve a God who compares to none other, that he did not spare his only Son from such ridicule.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home